Friday, December 27, 2013

2014: Back in Action

As the last few days of 2013 approach, I'm starting to look back on my accomplishments and shortcomings.

One major achievement to be proud of is my loss of (give or take) 15 pounds this year! So far I'm 5 goals down and 2 to go (see photo below).

However, I do wish that I would've been more consistent with my fitness level. I tended to lose weight by exercising a little, not eating much, taking long breaks from exercising, and doing weird erratic things like that.

As I made my list of resolutions for 2014, I made it my goal to lose another 10-15 pounds this year. (That will get me to my goal weight!) But I hope to be much more consistent this time and not as crazy and sporadic.

Also, I'm going on a tropical spring break trip with some of my friends, so I wanna look my best for that.

Because of my excessive holiday eating/laziness, I decided to start on this resolution early. Today, I re-started Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It's amazing how taking time off from exercising can set you back SO MUCH on your fitness level. This 20-minute workout made me feel totally exhausted. That's crazy! I really need to get back in gear with my health.

Soon, I'd like to add extra cardio and possibly extra strength work to the 30DS. 

I plan on making a motivation board this weekend to hang in my room at school. I also created a calendar of dinner plans for January and I need to make an exercise plan as well.

Wish me luck on Part II of my fitness adventure! :)

-Ellen


No comments:

Post a Comment