Friday, September 20, 2013

Recipe: Raisinet Cookies


Hi there! Today's post is my recipe for Raisinet Cookies!

I invented this recipe on the spot because I needed something to bring to a friend's dinner party and I had very little time and ingredients on hand. I wasn't sure how these were going to turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised! The raisins and chocolate provide just the right amount of decadence, and they blend beautifully with the cinnamon to create a sweet and spicy little bite! Great fall flavors that are sure to please all cookie-lovers (and it makes the kitchen smell wonderful, as well!) Enjoy.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup Raisinets (I used dark chocolate!) 
  • 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • For cinnamon sugar: 2 Tablespoons cinnamon, 2 Tablespoons sugar 

Directions

  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  • Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla until fluffy.
  • Beat in the egg.
  • Gradually add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
  • Gently mix in the Raisinets.
  • Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 7-10 minutes.
  • For cinnamon sugar: Combine equal parts cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over warm cookies. 
  • ENJOY! :)
PS: So sorry for the lack of photos! I was really, truly in a hurry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment