Hi there! Today's post is my recipe for Raisinet Cookies!
I invented this recipe on the spot because I needed something to bring to a friend's dinner party and I had very little time and ingredients on hand. I wasn't sure how these were going to turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised! The raisins and chocolate provide just the right amount of decadence, and they blend beautifully with the cinnamon to create a sweet and spicy little bite! Great fall flavors that are sure to please all cookie-lovers (and it makes the kitchen smell wonderful, as well!) Enjoy.
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Raisinets (I used dark chocolate!)
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- For cinnamon sugar: 2 Tablespoons cinnamon, 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Gradually add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
- Gently mix in the Raisinets.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- For cinnamon sugar: Combine equal parts cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over warm cookies.
- ENJOY! :)