Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Oreo Pops!


The spookiest week of the year is here! And, of course, I'm ramping up the baking and craft projects. 

Here are my mummy/pumpkin Oreo pops!



Aren't they cute? And fairly easy, too. Here's how I made 'em:

Mummies:
1. Dip each lollipop stick in a bit of melted white chocolate and stick it into a double stuffed golden Oreo. Chill in the freezer for a few minutes. 
2. Use a spoon to cover each Oreo in melted white chocolate. Pop 'em back in the freezer for 5 minutes. 
3. Once they're dry, use more melted chocolate to make stripes across the front of each Oreo. I did most of them horizontal with a few slanted vertical lines. Look at mummy pictures for inspiration!
4. Finally, add a couple cute little eyeball candies and pop in the freezer for another few minutes. 

The process is the same for the chocolate pumpkin ones! But I used milk chocolate and normal double stuffed Oreos. For the decoration, I just cut little mallow creme pumpkins in half vertically and stuck them on while the chocolate was still wet. 

These are so delicious, festive, and much easier than cake pops! A perfect Halloween treat. 


- Ellen 

No comments:

Post a Comment