Friday, October 17, 2014

The Haunted Gingerbread Mansion!

Look, my friends, at our creation!


If I had a better camera, you'd be able to see just how lovely this haunted cottage really is. Two hours of labor, and it was SO worth it!

Josh and I used a reusable plastic gingerbread house (shhhhhhh) and just decorated the outside. We used: Halloween kit kats, mallowcreme pumpkins, candy corn, candy corn MnMs, and peep ghosts, with store-bought icing. And a couple of drawings for the windows :)

Such a fun way to celebrate the Halloween season! I just hope the kitties don't get sneaky and nibble it in the middle of the night! :)

*         *         *         *         *         *         *         *         * 

Continuing with the Halloween challenge...

16. What do you use to hold candy when you trick or treat? I always used to use a plain old pillowcase. It got the job done!

17. Your Halloween traditions: Watch Nightmare on October 1st, go to Headless Horseman, go to the orchard, watch Halloween and Hocus Pocus, drink cider, carve pumpkins....I'm sure there are others I'm missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment