Friday, May 9, 2014

Another Summer of Fitness!

It's summer! I'm home from school! I'm with my family and my cat again! ALL IS WELL.
Except, y'know, like, my waistline...

It's not like I've gained a million pounds or anything, but, my weight just hasn't been my main focus lately. Which is fine. I'm young and life is short and if my weight were always my main priority than I'd probably be a pretty unhappy person.

However, it has been on my brain lately. Reflecting back on last summer, reading through my blog (here), and thinking about my brother's rapidly approaching wedding have prompted me to start my "healthy lifestyle" lifestyle back up again. I felt so much healthier when I took time to be mindful, eat wholesome foods, and exercise. Plus, I felt so confident watching the pounds melt away!

This summer, I want to focus more on the exercise portion of the weight loss system. I was all about diet last year, strictly limiting myself to 1200 calories a day. I exercised, too, six days a week, but only about 30 minutes on a typical day. Here are my ideas for this year:
  • Run around the block or around the lake 5 days a week
  • Do an exercise class or spend 45 minutes on an exercise machine 6 days a week
  • Eat 1400 calories a day
I think that I can make this work. It's going to be difficult in May, because I have to go out for Mother's Day dinner, my anniversary dinner, and I'll probably have some obligatory feast to attend for Memorial Day. Also, I don't start work until the end of the month, so my lazy butt is going to wanna sleep all day and be lazy. I need to start getting up early, drinking a ton of water, and energizing myself so I can make it through this workout program!

Like last year, I plan on blogging every day.  You can click on the links to see some examples from my blog last year!
I can't wait to start! I know I will start feeling better and looking better in no time :) Wish me luck!
- Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment