Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 1: You Gotta Start Somewhere.


What better way to spice it up than by doing an activity I haven't done in years?! Well, friends, I biked. You probably do that every day, or you did it last week, or something. But I never ever do. I somehow came to hate it over the years. I think it reminded me of being really self-conscious during the summer wearing shorts and riding a bike. Also, it just always seems sort of uncomfortable and monotonous.

But I tried it again today, just gave it a whirl, and ended up having a great time! Unfortunately, it burned shockingly fewer calories than I imagined. About 45 minutes of "light" biking burned less than 200 calories :( Sad day.

But, I'm proud of myself for getting active and trying something I thought I didn't like. 

I also limited my calorie intake to about 1300 today! It wasn't the most nutritious 1300, but it was 1300 nonetheless. 

I really need to put my nose to the grindstone and start burning serious calories and eating seriously healthy food. You gotta give it your all, or you might as well not give anything at all. Right? Right.

Have a great Momma's Day tomorrow and I'll check in again in the evening. Thanks for reading :) 
-Ellen 

No comments:

Post a Comment