Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is it summer?


Ahh! Sorry I skipped yesterday. Totally spaced it.

Today for Thankful Thursday, I am so grateful for all of the people I consider family. I had a bonfire tonight with all of Josh's siblings and we just had a wonderful time. It's so much fun to hang out and talk with all of them. And even enjoy a Reeses s'more or two...


My workout this morning was the silliest thing anyone's ever seen. I started by running on the treadmill for like, 2 minutes. I couldn't handle it anymore. I hate running. Then I did like 8 minutes of a workout video. So boring. I looked down at my heart rate monitor and saw I'd only burned like 122 calories. Duh. It had only been like 10 minutes. So I said to myself, Look, Ellen, I know you feel super crappy today and you're hilariously unmotivated. Just burn 300 measly calories and you can be done. So I just turned on some loud music and started dancing around. I did some grapevines, there was some samba-ing going on, maybe some knee repeaters...[lawl] and I just did that until I burned like 350 calories. So weird. But it's all I could get myself to do today.

Is it SERIOUSLY summer? Because it's literally 39 degrees outside right now. I've wanted to run every day this week but it's been cold and rainy. I'm livid. And you might say, hey, just run on the treadmill! But it's not the same. I hate running, but the only bearable part of it for me is that you get to propel yourself forward and end up in a different place. Treadmills are horrifically boring. Hate them.

I can't wait for this weekend!! Lots of fun and exciting things to come :)

-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment