Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day!

This summer fitness thing took off a whole lot better last year. This year, it's kind of a "failure to launch" situation.

Last night, I made the silly mistake of psyching myself out and being scared like a little baby. As a result, I didn't sleep. Like, really. I dozed off from 3:30am-4:30am, but other than that, my eyes were open until the sun came up. When the sun rose, I suddenly felt very safe and decided to sleep from 7am-11:30am. Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted all day. NO SLEEP = UNHEALTHY :(

I planned all along on taking Sundays off as rest days, but, as it's only the second day of my fitness plan, I feel like I shouldn't have rested. But after a sleepless night, I was worried I would pass out or something if I worked too hard.

Sigh. I need to get on this! Tomorrow morning I am totally either running or doing a workout DVD. If I don't, someone please come rap my knuckles and force me onto a treadmill or something.

On a bright note, I spent some quality time with the lovely moms in my life. I hung out with both of my grandmas and my darling mother herself. I also may have indulged in some of the yummy brownie dessert said moms ordered at Eddie Merlot's. No regrets there, it was heavenly.

Goals for tomorrow include: Eat a lot of protein, burn a lot of calories, and have a lot of fun.

Have a nice night, and send up a prayer that I can actually fall asleep, please.

zZZzzZzzzZ
-Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment