Bird's Nest Easter Cupcakes!!
Cute as can be! And pretty easy!
Okay, so this isn't really a recipe. It's more of a decorating technique. Because I just made one box of Funfetti cake mix into cupcakes, and decorated them using
- Chow mein noodles
- White frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- Whoppers mini eggs (Or any small, egg-shaped candy)
Here's how to do it -
- Make your cupcakes using the instructions on the box, then let them cool.
- In a bowl, mix white frosting with a few drops of yellow food dye. Keep stirring and adding more until you reach the desired color. I went with a bright gold, but a light yellow would be cute, too.
- Frost your cupcakes.
- Build a "nest" using chow mein noodles. Josh is actually way better at this than I am. It's harder than you'd think. Just try to pick out all the curvy ones and make them criss-cross each other. You can also break some in half and stick them in random blank areas.
- Put a few little eggs in the middle of the nest.
- Tah-dah! You have these little cuties:
Enjoy, and happy Easter :)