Sunday, April 22, 2012

We can sing, we can dance, after all, this is France!

What an awesome weekend! :)

I wasn't expecting to come home on Friday afternoon, but my mom was near Btown, so she offered to pick us up. Leave it to me to miss the biggest IU party weekend to go see my high school musical...but, hey. Some things are more important than parties.

So, we got home Friday evening and Josh and I went to Abuelo's with my mom. Then, Saturday was spent baking and preparing for our high school's production of Beauty and the Beast! (See the "Recipes" tab for Cookies and Cream Marshmallow Bars and Peanut-buttery Pudding Cookies!) We put them in little goodie bags for some of our friends in the show.

(They look better in real life - I swear!)

Before the show, I made my first meal with meat. Chicken fried rice! (Also in the "Recipes" section.) Guess what? Raw chicken is DISGUSTING. I had no idea. It was difficult to keep my composure. But, once I got past the grossness, the dish was really fun and easy to make, and super yummy :)

Then we headed to our beloved alma mater for the musical. We were really pleasantly surprised by just how great the show was. Everyone involved should be really proud!!

After the show, we kinda crashed the cast party. (LAAAME I KNOW.) But it was at Josh's house, so we kinda couldn't resist. It was good catching up with some really cool Catheatre kids that I've really missed this year.

Today, we make the LAST journey back to IU before summer break! I'm so, so ready for the year to end.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to check out the new recipes :) [*Coming Soon*]


No comments:

Post a Comment